BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

We decided to plant 150 trees this year!


Did I get your attention? I was researching electric companies when I came across Green Mountain Electric Co. I did some checking on the company and decided to switch from TXU Electric to Green Mountain. The price was slightly higher per kWh, but I think it is worth it if we are purchasing 100% pollution free energy (85% hydro, 15% wind). The company states that 2,500 lbs of CO2 will be avoided; this is equivalent to 150 trees planted or 2,800 miles not driven. WOW!!!

Al is somewhat apprehensive because of the change, but I feel good about the decision. I am hoping the company is customer friendly and there will be no problems with the delivery of energy or the switch over. I will keep you all posted.

0 comments: