BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 18, 2008

It's been a while...

I was crazy to think that I would have more time for postings this summer. I think this has been the busiest summer yet. This is going to be a longer than normal posting so I can somewhat catch you all up on our activities.

Mom, Grandmother, and I went on an awesome trip this summer. We flew into Seattle, went through the Cascades, down the Columbia river, along the Washington coast, and visited Victoria, BC. Here are some pictures:

Multnomah Falls, Oregon

Calla lily at Butchart Gardens, Victoria, BC

Ruby Beach, Washington

Cape Disappointment Lighthouse, Washington
(flock of pelicans in the distance)

====================================================================

Callan's Girl Scout troop used their cookie money to go on an overnight stay at the Houston Aquarium. We slept with the white tigers, well on the other side of thick glass from the white tigers. It was pretty amazing to wake up to playing (roaring) tigers at 4 o'clock in the morning. Thanks Houston Aquarium for a wonderful opportunity for the the girls.


Callan wrestling the fierce tiger!



One the two beautiful tigers we stayed with overnight.

OK... I have run out of wind and need to get back to Dalton's bedroom redo. I'll post pictures of the final product.


0 comments: